Sunday 28 April 2013

From The BBC:Oh My!


The leader of Glasgow City Council is being investigated by police over his handling of the controversial George Square revamp.
It is understood the probe into Labour councillor Gordon Matheson is being carried out by the Major Crimes and Public Protection unit.
A Police Scotland spokeswoman confirmed the force had received a complaint, which it was looking into.
Mr Matheson said he was confident of being cleared of any wrongdoing.
In a statement issued on his behalf by the council, he said: "I am happy for this to be fully investigated. I will give whatever help the police ask me to, and am confident there will ultimately be a finding in my favour." Mr Matheson did however stress that should events take an unfortunate turn he would be operationalising what he termed The Dorothy Option...

No comments: